Thursday, July 30, 2009

Tribute to Nature...



My Nature Lullaby...


-diadem pearl


When I'm sad and lonely


Feeling my life is Oh so blue


I opened my eyes so early


And feel the morning dew


I see dawn so dull and thirsty


Twice I winked but true





Birds do fly so freely


All their whole life through


I counted them but Oh so many


A flight of one and all the crew


Wide sylvan land of many


Yellow flowers stand a few





I picked one so sweet and pretty


And gave her name short as Sue


A dear then came so slowly


Straight towards a sylph in blue


I brushed his head Oh so hairy


But all he does is chew





Swamp says nothing here is smelly


Though butterflies rest in two and two


I then whispered Oh really


But all's so shy to give one clue


Floating lilies with good so heavy


Sways so gently to and fro





I kneeled to see Oh ants so busy


Some stood to guard for raging foe


Over the blue crystalline water spree


That bears an image of me and hue


I gaze upon a face of beauty


And smiled to see my yellow Sue





The world I live is quiet so messy


The reason still is me Oh me


I wept and acted so silly


Then all they do is shout a boo


So I stared each blankly


To promise a life they view.





A poem describing the company of nature during unconditional instances in a young woman's life. And that life is indeed beautiful even in times of hardship.

No comments:

Post a Comment