Friday, December 4, 2009

I know I'm still a baby at 22...


Yes, yes, I know I'm still a baby at 22, but I couldn't help thinking of those simpler times when all I worried about was making sure my shoe was tied before going out to play. After that, I started thinking of how real things had to be as I got older. When I was younger, everything was magic, I thought everything came to life as soon as people were gone. I would hide outside the bathroom door to see if I could hear the toothbrushes talk to each other (remember that toothbrush commercial where the guy toothbrush is flirting with the girl toothbrush?). And when you get older, things become less enchanted..the worries get more serious, and enjoying goofy things become undignified. I attempted to express my sad feelings of 'growing up', using a lifeless object that everyone knows, the lifeless candles.

No comments:

Post a Comment